- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:34
The research activities of the Foreign Language Section focus on foreign language teaching methods.
The main objective of these activities is to examine the effectiveness of foreign language teaching in Polish schools. The results of the studies undertaken by the Section will help to assess language skills of Polish students against the European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), to determine the socio-economic factors affecting the level of these skills and to identify practices which support effective language learning. Special attention is given to oral communication skills assessment..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:33
The mission of the Polish Language Section is to conduct and encourage research projects in the field of Polish language teaching in all types of schools, to develop Polish language teaching methods and study the effectiveness of teaching tools designed for developing complex skills. Special attention is being given to the process of introducing the new core curriculum for Polish language..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:32
The mission of the Section is to change the reality of school history education through the development/improvement of teaching methods. The Section is preparing a research project concerning historical competences of students in Polish schools, and in particular, the introduction of the new core curriculum..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:30
The Science Section is planning its efforts in three different spheres: diagnosis, action and monitoring. Identified problems can be matched with related, verified outcomes of exisiting research studies and followed by the implementation of new solutions and monitoring their effects in the network of cooperating schools..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:28
The Mathematics Section efforts focus on issues of teaching methods of mathematics.
The section's mission is to improve the quality of teaching mathematics by building research capabilities, teaching tools, evaluation tools, and exploitation of research results as well as implementing new solutions in everyday school practice..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 04:27
The Section activities include:
- Developing methodology for long-term comparability of the results of external examinations with the use of Item Response Theory (IRT).
- Conducting equating studies for 2002-2014 examination sessions to determine the equivalent results based on real examination papers and relating them to the so-called 'base year'.
- Improving effective communication of examination results of students at the end of different levels of education.
- Equated examination results will provide an important tool for comparative analysis and achievement assessment for successive populations of students leaving school.
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:20
The Educational Research Database Section is an autonomous unit within National and International Relations Unit. The efforts of the Research Database Section focus on monitoring and reviewing of educational studies from years 1989-2015. The Educational Research Database is designed as a convenient source of information for educational researchers, educators and politicians working in the field of education..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:19
The Unit's focus is the process of strengthening the research and information base of the education system and, in particular:.
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:18
The Teacher Research Unit work is based on the belief that the single most important determinant of any education system's success is the quality of teaching staff. The Unit's research projects include a comprehensive description of teachers in demographic and socio-economic terms as well as in terms of their attitudes, beliefs and lifestyles..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:16
The Unit provides support to other research IBE units. It helps the other Units members in matters relating to research methodology (eg. design of questionnaires and research method selection), sampling, planning and implementation of quality control tests, as well as statistical analysis of collected data..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:15
Education Economics Unit conducts research and analytical work in the field of economic determinants of the education system. The Unit research focus is, in particular, the economic analysis of the effectiveness of education policies, including different ways of organizing and financing of the education system, the analysis of private and public expenditure incurred at different stages and in various forms of education and para-educational market analysis..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:13
The research focus of the Unit is to identify key determinants of the effectiveness of school education.
The Unit's contribution to the project are two longitudinal studies of student attainment and their biological, psychological, social and educational determinants..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:05
The Unit undertakes research into institutional educational policies, legal regulations and their practical applications and operation of schools in their environment. The Unit's interests inlcude research on systemic changes in education as well as detailed studies on specific aspects of education that are useful for educational policy and decision-making process..
- Published on Monday, 05 December 2011 03:04
Education and Labour Market Unit's research activities focus on the analysis of the relationship between education and the labour market, with particular emphasis on the situation of young people entering the labour market..