- Published on Tuesday, 06 December 2011 01:37
"Quality and effectiveness of education - strengthening of institutional research capabilities."
This system project is financed by the European Social Fund within the Priority III framework of the 'Operational Programme Human Capital' - 'Quality of the education system' and 3.1.1. 'Creating tools and the environment for monitoring, evaluation and research in the education system.'
The main goal of the project is strengthening the education system in the field of educational research and the improvement of the use of research findings in education policy, practice and management.
The aims of the project:
1. To create information resources for use in planning and development of education policy generated through inter-disciplinary research into the functioning of the school curricula, researching quality and school effectiveness in internal school-specific, institutional and economic areas, and with reference to requirements of the labour market.
2. To monitor the education system and research activity, both inside and outside Poland, aimed at improving the quality of the national education system by way of indexing relevant national and international studies, and to run analytical studies.
3. To strengthen education research both organisationally and in terms of human capital by the development of The Educational Research Institute(IBE) which in addition to hosting library facilities and the necessary infrastructure will become a permanent stable base for experience and personnel with an inter-disciplinary approach to education research. To stimulate progress by initiating and nurturing networks of cooperation between national and international research institutions, and educating research staff through postgraduate and doctoral studies. To support other such institutions exchanging experience through an inter-disciplinary approach.
4. To share our research findings with the world of education, including teachers, head teachers and regional government, as well as pupils, parents, students and scholars; making databases and tools developed throughout the research project available through the public pages of the website, providing user-friendly interactive exploration of data, tailored to the needs of users from a wide recipient group.
The activities which we intend to implement before 2015 are aimed to:
Radically improve the state of knowledge about the operation, changes and results of the education system
Rigorous research carried out nationally and monitoring of international research developments, combined with analytical studies, will provide a solid basis for effective education policy, keeping pace with labour market changes.
Provide suitable tools for teaching and learning and spread the use of research findings
In the course of the research, tools will be developed to measure educational achievement and to facilitate investigation. These will be useful in improving practice. Relevant databases and tools will be accessible through the website in a form to suit various recipient groups, particularly teachers.
Strengthen the institutional background to modern education research
The cumulative nature and quality of inter-disciplinary research in education will be improved through close cooperation between Polish and international institutions and individual researchers, as well as through exchange of experience. Research staff will be trained through specially established doctoral and postgraduate studies.
Improve access to information
The database and website will be used to publicise the results of interdisciplinary research on the school curricula, as well as on the quality and school effectiveness in internal school-specific, institutional and economic areas, and in the context of labour market needs. The recepients of research findings will mainly include teachers, head teachers, and local government, but also pupils, parents, students, scholars and stakeholders from the world of education.